Our matinee performance on Saturday was nearly sold out, so tickets are expected to go quickly for our final performance of Slaughterhouse-Five at Celebration of Whimsy Theatre in the Lower East Side of NYC. Click the link above to grab your advance tickets to our final performance on Tuesday August 20th at 6:45pm. This will be the LAST PERFORMANCE OF SLAUGHTERHOUSE-FIVE AS PART OF THE 2013 INTERNATIONAL FRINGE FESTIVAL. It’s going to be pre-tay pre-tay pre-tay good!
Posts tagged True False Theatre
Slaughterhouse-Five: THREE SHOWS LEFT!
Purchase Tickets Here: www.bit.ly/SH5tix
"Under morphine, Billy had a dream of giraffes in a garden. The giraffes were following gravel paths, were pausing to munch sugar pears from treetops. Billy was a giraffe, too. He ate a pear. It was a hard one. It fought back against his grinding teeth. It snapped in juicy protest. The giraffes accepted Billy as one of their own, as a harmless creature as preposterously specialized as themselves."
Rehearsal Pics before the big show in 2 days! Tickets still available at http://www.bit.ly/SH5tix including for our first performance Saturday. Enjoy!
New Promo Pic For Slaughterhouse-Five!!!
Hey fans, friends, and family!
Here’s the new promotional pic for True False Theatre’s production of Kurt Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse-Five. This week TFT’s tumblr will be providing EXCLUSIVE rehearsal photos to build up the excitement for our first performance August 10th at 9:15pm. Tickets are still available (we’re in a big theatre, but they’re going fast) so be sure to check out this cool production and reminisce on when you read the book in high school (or if you didn’t have the best time in high school, block it out of your mind, and come see the show anyway).
Venue Guide For TFT’s Slaughterhouse-Five
Our production of Kurt Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse-Five as part of the 2013 New York International Fringe Festival will be staged at the Celebration of Whimsy (aka C.O.W.) theatre that lies at the edge of the Lower East Side between Houston and Stanton at 21 Clinton Street. Formally the historic Living Theatre, C.O.W. is now owned by Stephen Michael Rondel & Tyler Maganzini. the 3,500 square foot basement is decorated with a rotating art show. The venue focuses on the visual arts, showcasing New York City and International artists (all of the artwork by the way is for sale). It’s a fantastic venue to be staging Slaughterhouse-Five and True False Theatre looks forward to the upcoming staging of the play in a week. For a guide of all of The 2013 NYC Fringe Fest venues click the link here.
Hello True False Theatre Fans,
We regret to announce that David Kubicka will no longer be playing the role of Billy Pilgrim in the upcoming production ofKurt Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse-Five as part of the 2013 New York International Fringe Festival. The talented Jamie Effros, who was originally playing Kilgore Trout and Howard C. Campbell, Jr. will be taking over the role of Billy Pilgrim. Bruce Bluett, an excellent (and lucky for us, available) actor, will be taking over the roles of Kilgore Trout and Howard C. Campbell, Jr. We are saddened by Mr. Kubicka’s departure but are excited for the new energy in the rehearsal room and eventually on stage that Jamie Effros will bring to the production. If you’re interested in purchasing tickets please click here
We crushed our goal for our IndieGoGo campaign by $366. Thank you so much for the support. If you donated your perks will be sent to you in August and you will be notified via email of further details. We truly had no idea how our fundraising campaign would end but the fact that we achieved more than our initial goal is FANTASTIC. Thank you so much!!! We love you guys and hope to see you at one of our upcoming performances of Slaughterhouse-Five. If you’re interested in purchasing tickets click here
True False Theatre
Fans, family, and friends, we have the dates set for our production of Kurt Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse-Five in conjunction with the 2013 New York International Fringe Festival. Come to The Celebration Of Whimsy (a.k.a. The C.O.W.) Theatre at 21 Clinton St, New York, 10002, to check out the production on the following dates:
SATURDAY August 10th at 9:15pm
SUNDAY August 11th at 1pm
WEDNESDAY August 14th at 8:45pm
SATURDAY August 17th at 12:30pm
TUESDAY August 20th at 6:45pm
Also, we are still taking donations for our IndieGoGo campaign and you can donate by clicking the link here
There are 5 days left to donate to our IndieGoGo campaign and we’re nearly at our goal! The 2013 Fringe Fest is coming up fast (tickets go on sale in a week!) so we put together this fun video asking everyone to donate. You guys are awesome and we couldn’t do this without you! Enjoy!
Look fans, we know we hound you sometimes to to donate to our production, but you’re the reason our small nonprofit theatre company has the support (financially & enthusiastically) to put on productions such as Slaughterhouse-Five at the NYC Fringe Festival this summer. So in asking for your support were posting the 5 Reasons you should contribute to Slaughterhouse-Five's IndieGoGo campaign.
- Our Production is Part of The New York International Fringe Festival- This celebrated international festival is the big leagues for off & off-off broadway productions. We are honored to be a part of it, so we want to represent True False Theatre as best we can as our team puts together Slaughterhouse-Five.
- Our Show Raises Awareness About Soldier, War, and PTSD- Kurt Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse-Five isn’t a goofy sci-fi tale, but a serious study our WWII soldiers returning home after the devastation across Europe. We’re sharing Billy Pilgrim’s story to give audiences a deeper understanding of the pain, fear, and detachment American soldiers with PTSD felt and still feel after returning home from WWII and the current wars we still fight.
- Donations Are Tax Deductible- Any donation $50 or over is tax deductible, so help out our non-profit theatre company and get a little break.
- Donors Get Perks in Exchange For Their Donations- A special thanks on our website, physical copy of the script signed by the cast, a digital edition of Kurt Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse-Five. These are perks you get for donating the bare-bones amounts to our campaign. To see the good stuff, refer to our IndieGoGo campaign by clicking here.
- Know You Contributed To An Amazing Show & That You Helped To Create It- You guys are awesome! Did we mention that? Your donation could lead to a key prop, or an epic costume, or a sweet poster posted throughout NYC. When you donate you know your money went straight to the production of Slaughterhouse-Five, and we couldn’t have done it without you.
Tickets for True False Theatre’s production of Kurt Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse-Five at the 2013 New York Fringe Festival go on sale July 19th! Mark your calendars people!
"He is in a constant state of stage fright, he says, because he never knows what part of his life he is going to have to act next."
-Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five
New cast photo, kinda awesome right? Rehearsals have begun for our August 9th premiere of Kurt Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse-Five presented by True False Theatre and The New York Fringe Festival. Tickets go on sale THIS MONTH!
Woahh, girls, looooooooking goooooood! Watch True False Theatre’s Co-Founders and Artistic Directors Daria Tavana and Anni Weisband discuss TFT’s updated role in the community, share some drinks, and enjoy a nice summer day.